Rawlins Cemetery, located on Main Street west of Bluegrove, is one of the earliest cemeteries in the Lancaster area. It was established in March of 1848, following the death of Meredith Parks. The tract was donated by William (Elder Billy) Rawlins. While many Parkses and Rawlinses are buried in the cemetery, neither family regarded it as a family cemetery. The oldest birth date found at the cemetery dates back to 1782 and is that of Meredith Parks’ mother, Catherine Reed Parks.